" "

Sunday, January 21, 2007

med-liv Update
New Stuff On Our Website
http://www.med-liv.com

Fancy a laugh?...

A woman’s strained voice
called out through the darkened theatre, "Please, is there a doctor in the house?!"

Several men stood up as the lights came on.
An older lady pulled her daughter to stand next to her.
"Good, are any of you doctors interested in a date with a nice, single, Jewish girl?"

A woman goes to see her doctor.
She says, "Doc, I just got back from a few weeks in the Bahamas. The weather was so great I spent most of the days just lying on the sand. But the strangest thing happened.
“Whenever a good looking guy came by, I would get this strange tingling sensation between my toes."
The doctor thought this was kind of unusual and examined her.
He asked her if she had this sensation between all of her toes.
She replied, "Actually no, just between my 2 big toes."

Science Getting To Grips With Ghosts

'Either I or the scientist is a fool with our opposing views of probability,' William James wrote.
He felt that the risk of appearing foolish was holding back scientific examination of the World Beyond.
James was a world-renowned professor of psychology at Harvard University, a doctor and a scientist, and was acclaimed as one of the leading intellects of the time.
Over 100 years ago he suddenly announced that he believed in ghosts, and so started his lifetime search for scientific evidence to prove it.
The research project was launched linking scholars and mediums on three continents.
Its brief was simple, to discover whether living humans could talk to dead ones.

Newspapers warmed to the story and one described it as "remarkable experiments testing the reality of life after death."
More...http://www.med-liv.com/A ML Blog 3.html


Closer To Home
From Issue 33, Mediterranean Living
On an even more personal note, my best friend Ron was murdered. Gunned down by a psycho.
For days I felt so cold in the house.
A week later I was feeling weird, to put it mildly. I had this overwhelming feeling that Ron was there.
I tearfully said to Denise, “I can feel him, taste him, smell him, oh God Den, he’s here!”.
“I know”, she said, “I can see him”.
More...
http://www.med-liv.com/A ML Blog 3A.html

Before you go...

The map her friend had drawn indicated that the client, a country vet she was to see, lived in the second farm past Yin road.
Try as she might, the vet could not find a Yin Road anywhere!
Exasperated, she finally stopped to ask directions.
She stopped and asked at the next farm.
"I ain't never heard of no Yin Road." said the farmer. "But ya might try askin' old man McGillicuddy, he's lived 'round here for better 'n 70 years."
"Thanks," replied the vet. "Where can I find him?"
"He lives on the second farm past the Y in the road."

Hospital regulations require a wheelchair for patients being discharged.
However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
"I don't know," he said. "She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown."

A teacher asks her class to use the word ‘contagious’ in a sentence.
Sally, the class genius, raises her hand and says, "Last year I got the mumps, and my mom said it was contagious."
"Very good," says the teacher. "Would anyone else like to try?"
Little Johnny raises his hand and stands to give his answer.
"Our next door neighbor was painting her house by hand, and my dad said it would take the contagious."


No comments: